By Lauren Porosoff
- stories of disasters and successes in designing curriculum
- metaphors from way of life to aid lecturers comprehend curriculum layout as a approach rooted in values and culminating in significant learning
- examples of crucial questions, review directions, lesson calendars, unit plans, and curriculum maps
- exercises and templates lecturers can use to create and investigate curriculum
- protocols designed to inspire inclusive participation and important mirrored image whilst colleagues examine curriculum together
Read or Download Curriculum at Your Core: Meaningful Teaching in the Age of Standards PDF
Best curricula books
The hot ASBDA Curriculum consultant has been revised, up to date, and in lots of components thoroughly rewritten. themes comprise: The functionality established Curriculum, review methods, Scheduling, lecture room administration, Administering the Band software, Organizing the actual complicated, and finances and Finance. it is a superb reference ebook for college scholars in instrumental equipment sessions, the hot band director instituting, revamping, or keeping a application, the skilled director who must rewrite the band curriculum, and the choral (or different) director positioned in a band scenario.
'This ebook might be of curiosity to academic practitioners, and plenty of different pros interested by the schooling and improvement of the younger' - ESCalate`A very well-respected e-book [and a] Curriculum vintage. .. [which deals] stability to present reliable courses. .. certainly one of its strengths is the coherent argument that runs all through.
Individual educators Arthur L. Costa and Bena Kallick current this number of tales through educators world wide who've effectively applied the conduct of their day by day educating in K–12 school rooms. The collective knowledge and adventure of those considerate practitioners supply readers with perception into the transdisciplinary nature of the sixteen conduct of Mind--intelligent behaviors that bring about good fortune at school and the bigger world--as good as version classes and recommendations for weaving the conduct into day-by-day guide in language arts, song, actual schooling, social stories, math, overseas language, and different content material components.
Modern matters in studying and instructing seems to be at present concerns around the 3 key parts of coverage, studying and perform. it's going to assist you to imagine significantly in your schooling path, and to make connections among the approaches of studying and the practicalities of educating. The booklet addresses key matters in basic, secondary and specified schooling, and contains examples from all 4 nations of the united kingdom.
- More than a Curriculum (Peace Education)
- Curriculum and Culture (RLE: Education): Schooling in a Pluralist Society (Routledge Library Editions: Education)
- Environment, Education and Society in the Asia-Pacific: Local Traditions and Global Discourses (Routledge Advances in Asia-Pacific Studies)
- Connecting Emergent Curriculum and Standards in the Early Childhood Classroom: Strengthening Content and Teaching Practice (Early Childhood Education)
- Thinking About The Curriculum (Routledge Revivals): The nature and treatment of curriculum problems
- Science Education and Curriculum in South Africa (Curriculum Studies Worldwide)
Additional resources for Curriculum at Your Core: Meaningful Teaching in the Age of Standards
Curriculum at Your Core: Meaningful Teaching in the Age of Standards by Lauren Porosoff