My name is Paulette Romero, I own and operate Romero Communications, a translation, transcription and language services website which offers services locally and virtually to clients around the world.
Before starting Romero Communications, I was a legal secretary for eleven (11) years at various litigation law firms throughout New York City, a marketing & communications associate at, Snooth, Inc, a wine discovery website, and an office assistant at AP Wine Imports, a wine importer based in NYC.
After living and being raised in New York City for over thirty years, I moved to Armenia, Quindio, Colombia to become a freelance translator and teach English and have since moved to Medellín. I have a CELTA qualification and currently teach at two private language institutes located in Medellín, Colombia. I previously taught English at SENA, a government run educational institute in Colombia. In the future I hope to become an official translator and complete my graduate degree in the fields of translation, education or TESOL.
Degrees & Courses
- B.A., CUNY/Baruch College, New York City, May 2013
- Major: Corporate Communication
- Minor: Spanish
- A.A.S. [with honors], CUNY/LaGuardia Community College, New York City, 2008
- Major: Business Management
- Servicio Nacional de Aprendizaje – SENA
- Formación tecnopedagógica en ambientes virtuales (in progress)
- Practice English dialogue with Brazilian students via Skype
Ashoka – Innovators for the Public
- Ashoka Mexico
- Profile (English to Spanish translation)
- Ashoka Colombia
- Articles of Incorporation (Spanish to English translation)